How you can help
There are numerous ways you can help BTR and Belgian Tervuren in need!
Help Us With the Dogs (For liability protection and to insure that minimum care standards are provided for all dogs in the BTR system, submission of a signed Volunteer form ( Volunteer form ) is required.
- Adopt a Tervuren – See our Adoption page for more information. The Adoption Application is available for download online.
- Foster a Tervuren- Prior to permanent placement, our rescue Tervuren spend time in foster homes. This gives BTR an opportunity to properly evaluate the health, temperament, and general condition of the dogs. We can, therefore, better address the specific needs of each dog and better match them up with prospective adoptive families.
- Transport a Tervuren- Help is frequently needed to transport rescue dogs to and from homes, shelters, kennels and veterinary appointments. Sometimes this means picking up a dog and driving it across town, other times it means driving a dog to a new home in another state.
- Help identify quality, prospective adoptive homes.
- Personally ID dogs at local shelters and as advertised on Petfinders; notify BTR when a dog is found.
- Educate the staff of your local animal shelter and any all-breed rescue group about the mission of BTR.
- Ask boarding kennels and veterinarians for no-charge or discounted rates for rescue dogs.
- Assist BTR with fundraising activities
While BTR relies primarily on volunteers for it’s work, there are still many out of pocket costs involved for food, shelter, medical care, transportation and other expenses. Your donation of $10, $25, $50 or more, will make a big difference!
Since we are a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization, your financial contributions are tax deductable to the extent allowed by law. If you are unsure if your donation is tax deductable, contact a professional tax advisor. Contributions by check or money order should be made payable to Belgian Tervuren Rescue, Inc. and sent to Susan Harris, 319 Harris Dr., McDonough, GA 30252.